Online graduate certificate in infant and early childhood mental health (CEUs)
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related area, such as child development, social work, or child psychology.
- have at least two years of experience in early childhood research or practice.
We’re here to help. Get in touch with our student services team: email@example.com
As the associate director of curriculum and student services at ICD, I’m happy to advise and serve students looking to pursue further studies in developmental psychology. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions.
Academic advisor: Lindsey Jendraszak
Before you begin
Before you begin the online application, gather the following materials:
- Unofficial transcripts: You must submit an unofficial transcript or academic record for each institution you’ve attended.
- Copies of your current professional licenses or credentials: You must submit copies of any professional licenses or credentials you currently hold.
- Employment information: Gather your employment information for the past two years, including employer name and address, your title, dates of employment, hours worked per week, typical percent of time dedicated to serving children ages birth to 5, and a description of your role.
- Resume or CV
- Statement of interest: Describe your interest in the infant and early childhood mental health field. You should also explain how the certificate program training may be related to your previous training or experience and to your future career goals. (Limit 500 words)
- Statement of diversity: Briefly describe the range of diversity in the children (ages 0-5) and families you work with and how your work reflects an awareness of cultural differences. Each individual or family represents a unique constellation of experiences and culture. Diversity may encompass age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, country of origin, religious or spiritual beliefs, physical characteristics, motor or cognitive abilities, family constellation, or other differences for purposes of this application. (Limit 200 words)
- Two recommenders: Identify and get contact information for two people who will serve as your recommenders. We suggest that you seek recommendations from a college instructor, advisor, or mentor who can assess your potential for graduate work, and an employer. Download the recommendation forms and send them to your recommenders. Recommenders should submit recommendation forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Irving B. Harris Diversity Scholarship Statement: The Irving B. Harris Foundation promotes equity of outcomes for all children by enabling access to comprehensive, high-quality care in nurturing environments for pregnant women, very young children, and families to promote success in school and in life. To apply for a Harris scholarship, write a statement on how your background and experiences will support their mission (Limit 500 words). This scholarship is only available to Minnesota residents.